Rainlendar is a highly configurable calendar application which holds upcoming events and urgent tasks, then alerts you in advance so you won't forget anything important.
The program can be set up to display your schedule in just about any way that you'd like. You might choose to view a single month in a calendar, a number of months, the whole year maybe - not a problem. And you can then display as many calendars in a window as you like. It's all very flexible.
A Rainlendar window doesn't have to get in your way, either. By default the Windows version will display a one-month calendar on a transparent background, so you can see your desktop and other applications underneath. It's likely you'll be able to leave the window in a corner of your screen without it interfering with other work.
The program stores its data in standard iCalendar format, so if you currently use another calendar application then you may be able to export its data to Rainlendar. But even if you're starting from scratch, it won't take long to get up to speed - creating new events or tasks is very easy. You're able to specify all the details you need - event location, an associated URL, start and end time, if and when it repeats, more - and optionally add an alarm to remind you.
Please note, this is the free Lite version of Rainlendar. Upgrade to the Pro version and you'll gain additional options to help your Rainlendar setup communicate with the outside world, including support for network shared calendars, Outlook (Windows only), Google Calendar and Remember the Milk. It's yours for 9.95 Euros and you can purchase the program from the Rainlendar site.
Build 2.13.1 Build 147 brings these changes:
- Weekly recurring tasks did not show due date correctly if the interval was greater than 1.
- '!'-char broke the links.
- Using %W in time items moved the time to the first day of the week.
- The current language is now stored as a string to settings so that it doesn't accidentally change when upgrading to new version.
- The tooltip is opened always upwards if there is more room.
- Changing months from keyboard works only if no modifiers (shift, alt, control) are down.
- Added check to prevent redraw loop in task and event lists.