EMDB is a powerful database that makes it easy to keep track of your movie collection.
How easy? To add a movie you simply enter its title, click the Search IMDB button, and EMDB will track down matching movies for you. Choose the right one and it automatically finds and fills in details like the cover art, cast, genre, director, duration and a whole lot more.
You can then customise the entry with a rating, or more specific information about your copy. Like, is it a VHS tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, something else? Is it a PAL, SECAM or NTSC copy? Which region is it? And the list goes on.
Or, if you're in a hurry, you can just click OK and add this particular movie to your collection. Which is very nicely displayed, with your movie cover art images laid out on a virtual shelf (although you can also opt for a more ordinary text-based list, if you like).
Once you've finished then the database can have several possible applications. You're able to use it to track movies you've loaned to others, for instance. Or to create Wish Lists of movies you like, but just haven't got around to buying yet.
And if you've a particularly impressive collection, then the Export option will allow you to save its details on HTML pages, ready for uploading to a website and sharing with the world.
EMDB 2.01 adds these features:
- HTML Export: Add trailers to the HTML export (tag is #TRAILER_LINK#).
- User Interface: Make showing of bluray cases more configurable.
- Printing: Fixed printing of custom numbers.
- User Interface: Fixed an issue where sometimes the group was cleared when the Edit screen was opened.
- User Interface: Fixed custom language #4 selects Serbian language.
- IMDb import: Changed the way the Title and Alternative title are retrieved. Prevent alternative title to be the same as the main title. I'm working on more configurable options to specify the main and alternative titles.
- User Interface: Options to group movies when sorting by title and/or number were not used correctly.
- TVSeries: When assigning media files seasons 10 or higher could be mistaken for season 1 and above.
- User Interface: When rotating the image in the Edit screen the image was lost sometimes.
- Translations: Updated the Romanian and Dutch translations.