EMDB is a powerful database that makes it easy to keep track of your movie collection.
How easy? To add a movie you simply enter its title, click the Search IMDB button, and EMDB will track down matching movies for you. Choose the right one and it automatically finds and fills in details like the cover art, cast, genre, director, duration and a whole lot more.
You can then customise the entry with a rating, or more specific information about your copy. Like, is it a VHS tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, something else? Is it a PAL, SECAM or NTSC copy? Which region is it? And the list goes on.
Or, if you're in a hurry, you can just click OK and add this particular movie to your collection. Which is very nicely displayed, with your movie cover art images laid out on a virtual shelf (although you can also opt for a more ordinary text-based list, if you like).
Once you've finished then the database can have several possible applications. You're able to use it to track movies you've loaned to others, for instance. Or to create Wish Lists of movies you like, but just haven't got around to buying yet.
And if you've a particularly impressive collection, then the Export option will allow you to save its details on HTML pages, ready for uploading to a website and sharing with the world.
What's new in v2.57?
- Add From HardDisk: Added support for automatically adding TV Series.
- User Interface: Fixed the multi line comments field in the Add / Edit dialog screen.
- User Interface: Added support for Ctrl-0 to reset the zooming to 100%.
- Database: Added 4K UHD Bluray media type.
- User Interface: The bookshelf did not scroll to the new selection when using the random function.
- IMDb Import: Fixed importing of data for movies containing a hashtag ('#') in their title (e.g. '#Horror').
- IMDb Import: Fixed importing of Country and Languages because of changed IMDb website layout.
- IMDb Import: Fixed importing of thumbnails and cast photos because the IMDb images are now hosted on a separate https server.
- TVSeries: status was reset when re-opening the TVSeries edit page.
- Add Movie: Import from TheTVDb is now automatically done when IMDb returns TVSeries data.
- Translations: Updated the Arabic, Catalan, Czech, French, Italian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian and Dutch translations.