EMDB is a powerful database that makes it easy to keep track of your movie collection.
How easy? To add a movie you simply enter its title, click the Search IMDB button, and EMDB will track down matching movies for you. Choose the right one and it automatically finds and fills in details like the cover art, cast, genre, director, duration and a whole lot more.
You can then customise the entry with a rating, or more specific information about your copy. Like, is it a VHS tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, something else? Is it a PAL, SECAM or NTSC copy? Which region is it? And the list goes on.
Or, if you're in a hurry, you can just click OK and add this particular movie to your collection. Which is very nicely displayed, with your movie cover art images laid out on a virtual shelf (although you can also opt for a more ordinary text-based list, if you like).
Once you've finished then the database can have several possible applications. You're able to use it to track movies you've loaned to others, for instance. Or to create Wish Lists of movies you like, but just haven't got around to buying yet.
And if you've a particularly impressive collection, then the Export option will allow you to save its details on HTML pages, ready for uploading to a website and sharing with the world.
Version 2.08 brings:
- User Interface: Added a visualization for Steelbook cases.
- Database: Added a Case field.
- Database: Added a Date Last Seen field.
HTML Export: Fixed issue with UNC network paths.
- User Interface: Added support for custom bookshelf backgrounds. Added 2 new backgrounds as examples.
- User Interface: Fixed changing the glow color of bluray and TVSeries.
- User Interface: Added a label for seen on the bookshelf.
- User Interface: Added a Search on Medium page.
- User Interface: Added filters for Seen / not Seen TV Series.
- User Interface: Improved the arrangement of the filter menu.
- User Interface: Removed TV Series in the "Show Seen Movies" filter results.
- User Interface: When adding a new movie which takes a reserved (previous deleted position) it was shown twice although it was only added to the database once.
- Translations: Updated the Turkish, Spanish, Catalan, Arabic and Dutch translations.