NetSetMan is a time-saving tool that makes it easy to change your network settings as you move from one network to another.
If this is something you do often then you'll know how much hassle it can be. You may have to change your IP address, DNS server, workgroup, IPv6/ IPv6 settings, default printer, network drives and more to match the network you've just reached. Go home, and you'll need to switch everything back. And the whole process starts again the next day.
With NetSetMan, though, this is no longer a problem. You can create a network profile for every network you visit (up to 6) covering all those settings, along with your gateway, WINS server, computer name, SMTP server, host file entries and other details. And then, when you move from home to University, say, just choose the appropriate profile and NetSetMan will change all the settings for you.
Please note, this free version is for non-commercial purposes only, so you can't use it at work. If that's a problem, you can always purchase the Pro version, which can be used anywhere, adds support for switching your domain and proxy settings, and allows an unlimited number of profiles. Prices start at 21.42 Euros and you can read more, and place your order at the NetSetMan site.
NetSetMan 3.5.3 contains these new features:
- NEW language: Croatian
- NEW: Changing wireless network on logon screen now available
- NEW (Pro): Multiple IE home pages (1.com | 2.com | 3.com | ...)
- NEW (Pro): IE proxy is now also set as system proxy (WinHTTP)
- Fix: Proxy for IE10 compatibility
- Several WiFi fixes and improvements (spaces in SSIDs etc.)
- Setup improvements: Extract mode, Win8-compatibility
- Improvements for all lists/trees (performance, tooltip, etc.)
- Minor improvements for NSM Service
- Update of signature certificate