The KMPlayer is a versatile media player, lightweight yet still packed with features.
The program supports a wide range of file formats, for instance - all the video, audio and playlist file types that you're ever likely to encounter. But it can also handle more unusual formats, like Flash (SWF), and of course is able to play audio CDs, video CDs, DVDs and more.
There are a huge number of options to help you customise the playback experience. A host of filters will allow you to tweak the videos you're watching, for instance: you can deinterlace, sharpen or soften the image, remove noise, adjust colours, rotate, flip or mirror the image, tweak brightness, contrast, gamma and more.
Every menu is just as comprehensive. So "Playback" doesn't just give you play, pause and stop options; you can also step backwards or forwards a frame at a time; jump backward or forward in the clip by specific amounts of time; loop a defined segment of the video; resynchronise the audio, and jump to the next key frame, amongst many other options.
None of this means the program is hard to use, though: for the most part, you don't have to get involved with the more complex options unless you really want to. And so the KMPlayer is a great media player choice for both novices and expert users.
KMPlayer 3.6 adds:
- Added Instant View.
- Fixed Denial Of Service PoC(PlayList M3U) - Provided by: Jigsaw (Abdelmorite), KISA.
- Modified default use of Internal Splitter(AVI) for streaming (http, https, ftp).
- Fixed TS source filter error.
- Supports FTP server(UTF-8).
- Added https streaming function.
- Added Subtitle resync function. (Ctrl+Alt+[, Ctrl+Alt+])
- Improved seek speed of MKV, MP4, FLV.