With PowerDVD installed on your PC, you have the ability to play back a wide range of music and video formats as well a viewing images and much more. Install PowerDVD Mobile for Ultra on your Android, and you gain the ability to stream these same files to your handheld device. IF you would like to enjoy movies away from your network, the app can also be used to save file wirelessly.
The most likely use for this app is streaming videos from your PC's hard drive to your Android to save having to copying file into place in advance. This is useful when you are at home as it means that you have access to your entire media collection, and music lovers will be particularly enamoured by the fact that the mobile app allows for unfettered access to an extensive music library, complete with easy playback controls.
The app is about more than just music and movies, however. Photo slideshows can also be viewed and controlled wirelessly. You have the option of simply browsing through folders full of images, or you can spend time creating slideshows. A nice extra makes it possible to perform basic edits to your pictures.
It is worth noting that there is slightly unusual installation process for this particular app. Start by installing PowerDVD Mobile on your Android and then fire up PowerDVD 11 Ultra on your computer. Move to the Device tab within the program and make a note of the activation key under the PowerDVD Mobile heading. Return to your Android and enter the activation code to start using the app.
PowerDVD Mobile 4 new features include:
- Wirelessly stream* media from PowerDVD 12 on the PC to your Android devices
- Wirelessly download MP4 (H.264/AAC) videos, photos and music from PowerDVD 12 on the PC to PowerDVD Mobile
- Watch videos in stunning quality
- Play your favorite tunes in a feature filled music player
- Apply one-click photo enhancements to touch up photos
- Create and watch cool slideshows of your photos
- Create playlists or choose from a variety of different options to sort your media library