HWiNFO32 is a system information and diagnostic tool that tells you just about everything you could ever want to know about your PC's configuration. You'll find information on the CPU, hard drives, graphics card, motherboard, chipset type, BIOS version and date, memory modules, installed operating system and more. And that's just the "System Summary" screen.
Move on to the main program and you'll find a hardware tree that looks a lot like Device Manager, only with far, far more information. On our test PC, for example, expanding the Monitors section of Device Manager only told us about the driver we were using ("Generic PnP Monitor"). HWiNFO32 managed to tell us the monitor name, serial number, date of manufacture, horizontal and vertical frequencies, supported video modes, and much more (28 items in total). It's just as thorough when reporting on other areas of your PC, too.
HWiNFO32 also includes a capable benchmark module, that will test and report on the speed of your CPU, memory and hard drive. And its monitoring tool can track and display your CPU, motherboard and hard drive temperatures, voltages, fan speeds, and more, very useful for detecting hardware problems that might otherwise be hard to spot.
Version 4.62 (Changelog):
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on ASUS SABERTOOTH X99.
- Added monitoring of some unknown EC voltages for ASUS X99/RAMPAGE V series.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on Intel Rock Canyon NUCs.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on EVGA E999.
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on GIGABYTE G1.Sniper M5.
- Fixed detection of ACPI sensor.
- Enhanced support of CPUs with more than 256 logical cores.
- Enhanced preliminary support of Knights Landing.
- Fixed a rare drop to 0 of BCLK and other related values in sensors.
- Added ability to define custom colors and font style of items in sensor window.
- Added ability to change sensor item color when an alert is triggered.