Bitdefender Total Security 2016 is the company's full-strength, no-compromise security suite, a powerful mix of antivirus, firewall, browsing protection, parental controls, anti-theft system, encryption a password manager.
It's a long list of features, but a well-designed interface means most common tasks are just a click or two away.
The big addition this time is ransomware protection. The suite monitors access to files in your main user folders (and anywhere else you like), detecting and blocking unauthorised attempts to delete or tamper with your files.
A new firewall does an even better job of protecting you from network attacks, while the extended parental controls system allows you to set up custom rules to monitor your child's behaviour, raises alerts if they try to bypass them, and can even let you know - via an Android app - if your child isn't where he's supposed to be.
There's also smarter password management, enhanced encryption, and all this can be managed from the suite's improved desktop widget.
Bitdefender's real strength comes in the protection it provides, though. AV-Comparatives' Real-World Protection tests generally place it in the top 3, but don't take our word for it - check out the latest results here.
What's new in build 28?
• FIXED: Rare main process crash generated by OneClick Optimizer
• FIXED: Rare main process crash generated by TrafficLight
• FIXED: Rare crash caused by the Agent
• FIXED: Several User Interface display and localization issues
• FIXED: Firewall contacting the cloud in a loop
• FIXED: Inability to disable SafePay
• FIXED: Rare bug in selecting the best server for the user
• IMPROVED: Agent's functionality has been augmented
• IMPROVED: Product's ability to communicate with the cloud
• IMPROVED: Central's ability to handle subscriptions
• IMPROVED: SafePay's compatibility with other applications using overlays
• IMPROVED: Product's ability to handle special characters when whitelisting websites
• IMPROVED: Parental Control was renamed as Parental Advisor