Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 is the latest edition of Bitdefender's feature-packed antivirus package.
At the core of the program is an accurate and reliable antivirus engine, generally rated by independent testing labs as one of the best around (check out AV-Comparatives' latest Real-World Protection tests here)..
The big addition this time is ransomware protection. The suite monitors access to files in your main user folders (and anywhere else you like), detecting and blocking unauthorised attempts to delete or tamper with your files.
Antivirus Plus 2016 monitors your browsing, detecting and blocking malicious links, helping you avoid malware and phishing scams.
Bonus features include a password manager which can also remember and autocomplete your credit card details in web payment forms.
A desktop widget makes it easy to scan files or monitor your security; the USB Immunizer prevents malware infecting your key drives; Bitdefender's Rescue Mode provides a secure and isolated environment, outside of Windows, which can help remove even the most stubborn threats.
It's a long list of features, but fortunately Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 is easy to use, a well-designed interface ensuring most common tasks are just a click or two away.
What's new in build 28?
• FIXED: Rare main process crash generated by OneClick Optimizer
• FIXED: Rare main process crash generated by TrafficLight
• FIXED: Rare crash caused by the Agent
• FIXED: Several User Interface display and localization issues
• FIXED: Firewall contacting the cloud in a loop
• FIXED: Inability to disable SafePay
• FIXED: Rare bug in selecting the best server for the user
• IMPROVED: Agent's functionality has been augmented
• IMPROVED: Product's ability to communicate with the cloud
• IMPROVED: Central's ability to handle subscriptions
• IMPROVED: SafePay's compatibility with other applications using overlays
• IMPROVED: Product's ability to handle special characters when whitelisting websites
• IMPROVED: Parental Control was renamed as Parental Advisor