Adobe Photoshop Elements is the consumer version of Photoshop: low cost, easy to use, yet still full of powerful photo editing and management features.
The program makes it easy to organise your images into albums, for instance, and tag them with keywords so they're easy to locate later. But that's just the start.
Photoshop Elements also includes automatic face recognition, so you can find all the shots of a specific friend or family member in seconds. Well, almost all: awkward lighting or faces shot at an angle may defeat the recognition scheme, but it does at least get you started and you can always tag the trickier shots yourself.
And the program's Smart Tags go even further. Run Photoshop Elements Auto Analyzer and it will automatically assign them tags like "High Quality" or "Low Quality", "Faces" or "Long Shot", "In Focus" or "Blurred". And so you can double-click the Faces tag, say, and instantly see shots of friends and family. This regularly makes errors, too, but it's fine as an initial tagging tool, and will save you a great deal of time when organising a large photo collection.
Of course there are also plenty of amazing editing options. Recompose is particularly interesting, letting you resize a photo, keeping the key subjects while losing unnecessary background detail. Photomerge combines the best from a series of photos of the same subject to deliver one perfect result. And new preview thumbnails display a range of adjustments for any particular tweak, making it easy to choose your favourite.
There are also creative projects, where you can quickly design your own photo books, greetings cards, slideshows and more. Your favourite images can be shared with others via Yahoo! Maps, iPhones, your own online album, and more. And multiple backup options help keep your valuable photos save from PC disaster.
This is the brand new Photoshop Elements 12. New features include:
- A friendly, intuitive environment makes it easy to navigate and do what you want to do.
- Quick, Guided, and Expert editing modes enable any level of user to get great results, quickly and easily.
- Quick Frames, Effects, and Textures let you apply dynamic effects with ease.
- New Guided Edits for photo puzzles, restoring old photos, and simulating zoom burst provide help along the way so you can get the look you envision.
- Content-Aware Move allows you to move objects and have the background automatically filled in.
- Content-Aware Fill for the Straighten tool auto-adjusts and aligns the background and automatically fills in the gaps.
- And now, take your Elements photos and videos with you, wherever you go, on your smartphone or tablet.*
Note the download here will give you the Adobe Download Manager where you'll need to login, choose Photoshop Elements 12 and download.