TagScanner is a versatile tag editor that makes it easy to organise your music collection.
The program can automatically tag your audio files by working with file and folder names, or online databases (Freedb, Tractype, Amazon, Discogs).
Unusually, it's also able to work in the other direction, renaming files based on tags and other information. So if you currently have thousands of tracks that follow, well, no consistent naming structure at all, then this will fix the problem in just a minute or two.
And the program is compatible with all the standards you need. It can handle embedded lyrics and cover art. The program understands a wide range of tag types: ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata. And there's support for MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, and MP4 files, with a built-in audio player allowing you to listen while the program works.
Version 6.0.33 brings (changelog):
- Transformation with Format value now may be used to generate fields with predefined value
- New function: ansi(x) returns X with all characters normalized with system codepage
- Removed tracktype.org service import - because it's not work anymore
- Added vgmdb.net (Video Games Music Database) to list of servers for FreeDB/CDDB technology
- Updated support for DSDIFF format
- Translation: Chinese Simplified