File synchronisation is incredibly useful. If you are creating a web site, it makes it easy to ensure that the latest version of files are uploaded, and synchronisation can also be used to create backups of important files.
GoodSync can be used in synchronisation or backup mode, making it a versatile tool. Files can be synchronised with or backed up to other folders, separate drives, removable media, networked computers or online servers.
Used in two-way synchronisation mode, GoodSync makes it easy to keep files in sync in two locations - as soon as files are created, edited or deleted, the change will be reflected in the connected location. Used in one-way backup mode, GoodSync provides a means of safeguarding your files.
But it does not end there. GoodSync can also be used to synchronise data between applications. There are a number of supported programs, including RoboForm, Outlook, QuickBooks and Windows Mail. The program is easy to set up and the synchronisation is fast and reliable, helping to give you peace of mind.
Note that there is a Pro version available.
What's new in 10.4.1 (see full changelog for more)?
* Do not Compute MD5 CheckSum to resolve conflicts, as it slows down Analyze too much.
* Copy Owner: Remove Copy Owner option on Windows, as Copy ACL and Owner covers it.
* File Owner on Windows: Get/Set it as 'Domain\User Name', not just 'User Name'.
* Copy Owner, Compare Owner: Add these options on Mac only.
* File/Folder Properties: Show all properties, including ACL, Owner, ExtAttrHash.
* When setting CopyTime operation, add comment to sync tree node on what caused it.
* Fix bugs that prevented correct Attributes Copy on Windows.
* WebDAV: Add Exponential Backoff on HTTP error 429, which is now returned by some sites.
* Google Drive: Increase Cache Timeout from 128 to 600 sec, as some cache reads may be slow.
* Google Drive: Fix rare MIME-type mismatch on small file overwrite uploads.
* Office365/SharePoint: Fix listing of files/folder with ' in their name.
* FTP: Increase max parallel thread from 20 to 50, some users want that.
* Help Hints on mouse-over: show them until mouse-out, not just for 5 sec.
* Translations: update Polish and Arabic.
* Control Center: add ServerAccounts table, so that user can his Accounts.
* Account Manager: Make server map case-insensitive for Account Key.