File synchronisation is incredibly useful. If you are creating a web site, it makes it easy to ensure that the latest version of files are uploaded, and synchronisation can also be used to create backups of important files.
GoodSync can be used in synchronisation or backup mode, making it a versatile tool. Files can be synchronised with or backed up to other folders, separate drives, removable media, networked computers or online servers.
Used in two-way synchronisation mode, GoodSync makes it easy to keep files in sync in two locations - as soon as files are created, edited or deleted, the change will be reflected in the connected location. Used in one-way backup mode, GoodSync provides a means of safeguarding your files.
But it does not end there. GoodSync can also be used to synchronise data between applications. There are a number of supported programs, including RoboForm, Outlook, QuickBooks and Windows Mail. The program is easy to set up and the synchronisation is fast and reliable, helping to give you peace of mind.
Note that there is a Pro version available.
What's new in 10.7.0 (see full changelog for more)?
- GSTP Sharing: Enable Sharing of Folder on Mediator: now Folders can be shared with other GoodSync users.
- GSTP Sharing: For now Sharing of Folder is done only in GoodSync Connect account Web GUI.
- GSTP Mediator: Remove Talkback processing, as it is 2 years old, so only really GS versions use it.
- Passwords: Add option Save Connect Passwords Locally Encrypted, it makes them non-portable, more secure.
- Program Options: Added Security tab, for the option above and CC admin credentials.
- Account Manager + OAuth2: new scheme of storing tokens and getting auth via Browser.
- OAuth2: maintain Refresh and Access Token in a separate cache, not to change Accounts.
- Office365/SharePoint: increase initial backoff timeout to 15 sec, on error 429.
- TeamSites/SiteRoot/SharePoint: Forbid # % characters in paths as it causes error 400 on uploads.
- Browse Dlg + Multi-Select + Links: fix handling of Links in Drilled and CopyAsIs job modes.
- Import: Fixed Import of a single job could destroy unnamed bookmarks, thus damaging other jobs.
- Reading Accounts and Jobs: Fixed recovery of broken Jobs file (with no Accounts file) causing problems.
- Explorer: do not allow any file/folder actions while folder is being listed.
- CheckSums: store CheckSum type, as relying on CheckSum size for typing does not always work.
- Updated Polish localization.