EMDB is a powerful database that makes it easy to keep track of your movie collection.
How easy? To add a movie you simply enter its title, click the Search IMDB button, and EMDB will track down matching movies for you. Choose the right one and it automatically finds and fills in details like the cover art, cast, genre, director, duration and a whole lot more.
You can then customise the entry with a rating, or more specific information about your copy. Like, is it a VHS tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, something else? Is it a PAL, SECAM or NTSC copy? Which region is it? And the list goes on.
Or, if you're in a hurry, you can just click OK and add this particular movie to your collection. Which is very nicely displayed, with your movie cover art images laid out on a virtual shelf (although you can also opt for a more ordinary text-based list, if you like).
Once you've finished then the database can have several possible applications. You're able to use it to track movies you've loaned to others, for instance. Or to create Wish Lists of movies you like, but just haven't got around to buying yet.
And if you've a particularly impressive collection, then the Export option will allow you to save its details on HTML pages, ready for uploading to a website and sharing with the world.
What's new in v2.72?
- User Interface: Added keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-K / Ctrl-E for global search.
- IMDb Import: Fixed importing of thumbnails / posters.
- Autoupdate: Fixed an issue were the Autoupdater could not update itself correctly.
- Database: Added DTS:X to the audio streams.
- Database: After switching databases the posters from the previous database were still shown.
- Database: After installing a new version the last used custom database does not show correctly.
- HTML Export: Added a new template 'ResponsiveRed' to the download section.
- TV Series: After opening the TVSeries details screen the file size sometimes got corrupted.
- Translations: Updated the Turkish, Slovak, German, Italian, Indonesian, Slovenian, Arabic, Danish and Dutch translations.