EMDB is a powerful database that makes it easy to keep track of your movie collection.
How easy? To add a movie you simply enter its title, click the Search IMDB button, and EMDB will track down matching movies for you. Choose the right one and it automatically finds and fills in details like the cover art, cast, genre, director, duration and a whole lot more.
You can then customise the entry with a rating, or more specific information about your copy. Like, is it a VHS tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, something else? Is it a PAL, SECAM or NTSC copy? Which region is it? And the list goes on.
Or, if you're in a hurry, you can just click OK and add this particular movie to your collection. Which is very nicely displayed, with your movie cover art images laid out on a virtual shelf (although you can also opt for a more ordinary text-based list, if you like).
Once you've finished then the database can have several possible applications. You're able to use it to track movies you've loaned to others, for instance. Or to create Wish Lists of movies you like, but just haven't got around to buying yet.
And if you've a particularly impressive collection, then the Export option will allow you to save its details on HTML pages, ready for uploading to a website and sharing with the world.
What's new in v3.05?
- Add Movie: IMDb now ignores the tt when an IMDb number (e.g. tt2091256) is entered instead of the title when querying IMDb.
- User Interface: Fixed clicking on a "voice of" actor resulted in an incorrect query.
- Add from Hard Disk: Fixed an issue were existing media files / playlists were re-added to the database when re-scanning a folder.
- TV Series: Uncheck seen season -> mark all episodes from that season as unseen.
- TV Series: Uncheck seen series -> mark all seasons and episodes as unseen.
- TV Series: When opening the TV Series Details the first not seen episode is now selected by default.
- TV Series: Added Seen column in TV Series Details Episode list.
- Database: Fixed an issue where in some cases moving the database to a new location failed.
- Translations: Updated the Arabic, Czech, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Slovanian and Dutch translations.