Why write another unit converter? There are plenty of them out there. Well, I couldn't find one that worked quite the way I wanted.
With ConvertAll, you can combine the units any way you want. If you want to convert from inches per decade, that's fine. Or from meter-pounds. Or from cubic nautical miles. The units don't have to make sense to anyone else.
- The base units for conversion may be either typed (with auto-completion) or selected from a list.
- Units may be selected using either an abbreviation or a full name.
- Units may be combined with the "*" and "/" operators.
- Units may be raised to powers with the "^" operator.
- Units in the denominator may be grouped with parenthesis.
- Units with non-linear scales, such as temperature, can also be converted.
- A unit list may be filtered and searched
- Recently used unit combinations may be picked from a menu.
- Numbers may be entered on either the "From" or the "To" units side, for conversions in both directions.
- Basic mathematical expressions may be entered in place of numbers.
- Options control the formatting of numerical results.
- The unit data includes over 500 units.
- The format of the unit data file makes it easy to add additional units.
- Command line options are available to do conversions without the GUI.
- The user interface and the unit data are available in English, French, German, Russian and Spanish.