Avast Internet Security 2019 is the company's next generation security suite and includes an antivirus engine, firewall, browsing protection, a software updater, browser cleanup tool and more.
Installation is simple and straightforward. Compatibility seems good, too, with the package running happily alongside Bitdefender Internet Security on our test PC.
The program interface is clean and very easy to use. Just click "Run Smart Scan" and Avast immediately runs a quick check for malware, missing software updates, network vulnerabilities even looks for weak passwords and junk files.
When it's finished, clicking "Resolve all" allows you to review the results and fix whatever the program has found.
The network security scanner detects more router vulnerabilities and displays extra details.
WebShield has switched to a smarter and more compatible system of HTTPS scanning, as used in Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
What's new in 2019 v19.3?
- SecureLine VPN is no longer attached to your antivirus. It’s now a separate product
- Anti-rootkit scan now protects your UEFI (unified extensible firmware interface)
- When installing Avast Ultimate, all products in the bundle will be installed in one go
- Fixed our boot-time scan
- Made sure our UI loads correctly ("white UI" problem)
- Fixed a bug for our users in Russia where Passive Mode sometimes turned on for no reason (Сожалею!)