The iPhone's integrated camera coupled with web access from just about anywhere in the world means that it is an ideal device for taking photographs of your trips and travels before sharing them online. Flickr has quickly become one of the most popular photo sharing web sites, so making use of the service from your iPhone seems to make sense.
The Flickr iOS app makes it easy to upload photos directly to your Flickr account, adding tags, titles to make them easier to find. Image resizing is also available as is geotagging, and it is also possible to opt to upload images to particular photosets and take control of their visibility to other Flickr users.
As you would expect, you can also view the photostreams of your contacts and you can add comments to any images that pique your interest. In a couple of screen presses you can also add photos to you list of favourites, add comments to images you view and download or send images via email. Working with a smaller screen undoubtedly means that compromises have to be made, but this app successfully re-creates the Flickr experience on your mobile device.
What's new in v4.0.7?
Flickr for iOS 9 is here!
• 3D Touch: With a light press, preview photos, people, notifications and more.
• 3D Touch Extended: In your camera roll, we’ve added something unique to help you find your best shot. Press a photo to preview, then move your finger left/right to quickly page through neighboring photos. Once you’ve found your favorite, press harder to Pop full-screen.
• Spotlight Search: Find your albums, groups and recently-viewed items without opening the app.
• Universal links: Links you share now open directly in the Flickr app instead of Safari.
• App Icon Shortcuts: Access common actions from your homescreen by pressing firmly on our icon.
We’ve also fixed a number of crashes and bugs as well, so please keep the feedback coming! Reach us at https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/238245 or https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/238246 for iPad