Comodo Internet Security Pro 8 is a collection of powerful tools which aims to keep your PC safe from even the very latest in malware threats.
The suite includes a strong antivirus engine and smart firewall. Comodo's "Defense+" system monitors program activities, looking for malware-like behaviour. The virtual desktop provides an isolated environment where you can run programs, or browse the web, without any risk to your system. And URL filtering keeps you safe by blocking access to malicious sites.
Most of this works entirely automatically, and so novice users can simply carry on using their PC just as they did before.
But if you need more control, Comodo Internet Security Pro has plenty to explore. You can monitor process activity in an extended Task Manager, or Comodo's Killswitch; there's a configurable sandbox for running suspect applications; a versatile Host Intrusion Protection System helps you define exactly what programs can (and can't) do on your system, and a host of settings and options ensure the program works exactly as you'd like.
New features this time include an auto-sandboxing policy, which by default keeps dubious programs isolated from your PC.
If this doesn't suit your needs, no problem: it's now possible to set up your own auto-sandboxing rules, using parameters like file reputation and origin.
Comodo Internet Security 8 now takes advantage of hardware virtualisation when available, allowing the program to operate at the hypervisor level. An improved Viruscope makes it easier to monitor your system for unwanted applications. Comodo Internet Security logs events to the Windows Event Logs, useful when you're troubleshooting.
This all comes packaged in a flat-look interface, which has also been redesigned to simplify navigation.
Comodo Internet Security Pro 8 includes all the powerful security from the basic and free Comodo Internet Security Premium 8, plus Comodo's 24/7 365-day live support through the duration of your license, a $19.95 value. In addition, Comodo Internet Security Pro 2013 ships with a $500 guarantee. Comodo's guarantee "covers your PC with up to $500 for repair costs, should your PC become infected with a virus or malware and we can’t restore you to working condition".
What's new in build 8.2?
- New File Rating list. Possibility to define custom file rating in parallel with Comodo rating. File Details dialog with Comodo information
- New File Group. Management and Productivity Applications
- Sandbox. Added File Age filter in Auto-Sandbox rules. Added "Ignore any Metro app" rule in Auto-Sandbox. Option to switch off “Created By” and “Origin” sources tracking (ADS creation omitted)
- New Alert Sound. New Audio for alerts
- Managing Viruscope state from main UI and Widget
- Active Processes List task in Tasks pane
- Upgrade. New upgrade button option on UI
- Multi-Language support. Vietnamese and Romanian language support
- Supported OS. Added Windows 10.