Both at home and in the office, we all have a great deal of information that needs organising. From contacts to appointments, EssentialPIM is a powerful personal information manager that makes it easy to keep on top of an ever-growing amount of information. The ability to store all of your email, addresses, lists and notes in one place makes the program a one stop shop for your organisational needs.
Thing is, you can’t always lug your computer around with you, so – perhaps mindful of this – Astonsoft has developed mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. The Android version lets you access – and update – your contacts, notes, calendar, to-do list and passwords, with contacts being synchronized with the native app on your mobile.
In almost every way, the Android app is superior to its iOS counterpart: the interface is better developed, and closely resembles the desktop version to boost familiarity using it. Sadly, despite an ever-growing list of supported cloud providers, syncing quickly and seamlessly via the cloud requires you purchase EssentialPIM Pro 5.5; free users are left with the slightly clunky PC sync version – it’s wireless, but a little fiddly to set up and only works when EssentialPIM is running on your PC.
As apps goes, it does the job, which is critical. It’s a shame the screen is only formatted for mobiles, but problems syncing data appear to have been resolved on the whole, so long as you update the desktop version to 5.x.
- Select multiple items and perform actions
- Mark appointments as complete from the preview window
- Multiple reminders
- Assign contacts to tasks and events
- Data backup/restore option
- Copy-paste feature for appointments
- Ability to mark appointments as exclusive
- Share notes
- Sort tasks by modified date
- Option to hide empty time slots in calendar
- Ability to quick filter tasks when selecting a parent item
- Text formatting in notes
- Ability to manually sort categories