FastStone is a lightweight, yet amazingly versatile screen capture tool that allows you to capture and annotate just about anything you might need.
The program comes with a host of capture types, for instance: it can grab the full screen, the currently active window, a rectangular region of the screen, a freehand region, even a scrolling window, perfect for obtaining an image of a lengthy web page.
And if an image isn't enough, then FastStone Capture can also record on-screen activity, complete with sound, and save it as a video.
By default your captures will be sent to the FastStone editor. Here you can crop, rotate or resize an image, sharpen it, tweak brightness or colours, add lines, shapes, highlights, watermarks and more.
But if you don't need any processing then you can tell FastStone Capture to despatch your images directly to files (the program is able to generate file names automatically), the clipboard; your printer, emails, Word or PowerPoint documents, and more.
There are stacks of extras everywhere you look: a colour picker, screen magnifier, screen ruler, multi-monitor support, and more. Yet the program remains amazingly compact, consuming under 500KB when running in the background, and very little more even when it's active.
Please note, while FastStone Capture is a commercial product, what you're buying is a lifetime licence: all future updates are yours for free.
FastStone Capture 7.8 brings these changes:
- Added support of tabs to the editor. This allows you to capture, open and edit multiple screenshots simultaneously
- Added New and Save All commands to the File menu of the editor
- Added Tools menu to the editor. Now you can save multiple screenshots as a PDF file or combine multiple screenshots into an image within the editor
- Added a hotkey option to the Settings to activate the Capture toolbar if it is hidden
- Many small improvements and bug fixes