Reflector is a wireless mirroring and streaming receiver for Windows and Mac which works with Google Cast, AirPlay and AirParrot.
At its simplest, you might use the program to play games on a larger screen. Browse content. Stream movies or TV shows.
Businesses could use Reflector for presentations or demonstrations, running something on an iOS or Android device and mirroring it to a PC for others to watch.
There's real depth and power here. You're not restricted to mirroring a single device, for instance. Connect more, and Reflector automatically adapts its layout to handle them all. You can hide devices you don't need, spotlight any which are particularly important, run the program in a window or full screen - there are plenty of options.
Whatever you're doing, Reflector doesn't just display content from other devices: you can record it too, optionally with a voiceover.
Best of all, support for AirPlay and Google Cast means Reflector works with many mobile devices immediately, nothing else to install. And if your Android phone/ tablet isn't Cast-enabled then installing the free Google Chromecast application means you'll still be able to mirror.
Please note, the Reflector trial build runs for 7 days only and displays a watermark.
What's new in 2.3.0 (see the changelog for more information):
- High-Resolution Mirroring - Reflector 2 now displays AirPlay-mirrored devices in higher resolution for clearer, crisper mirroring!
- Added ability to manually specify the audio ports Reflector 2 normally randomly selects
- Added support for smoother rotation animation events
- Added "Launch at login" preference to automatically start Reflector 2
- Improved the performance of "grab handles" when resizing device windows
- Device frames now match the orientation of the actual device
- Reflector 2 automatically requests the required Windows Firewall (and supporting 3rd party security software) configuration on installation