Fantastical is modern iOS calendar tool with something of a difference. It enables you to keep track of upcoming meetings and appointment, which is nothing new, and it resides in the menu, which is far from unique. What makes Fantastical stand out is the fact that it doesn’t stand out - it has been designed to be as unobtrusive as possible so you are not distracted, and adding new appointments is a breeze.
If you receive an email and are reminded that you need to add something to your calendar, you can call up Fantastical via the menu bar icon or by pressing the customizable keyboard shortcut. You can then type in the details you need to record, press Enter, and you’re done. This may sound like nothing special, but the way Fantastical works is impressive
Rather than requiring you to selecting dates and times from drop down menus - although this is possible - Fantastical enables you to write in natural language. Type 'Lunch with Bob tomorrow' and an appointment will be added to your calendar for tomorrow. You can get as specific as you like when entering information, and the app will interpret what you mean and take the appropriate action.
You are given the opportunity to send invites to contacts in your address book, and the whole process is kept so streamlined that you can get back to what you were doing in no time. Events can be colour coded to enable you to understand your day's schedule at a glance and Fantastical can be used in conjunction with iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook or Entourage.
What's New in Version 2.7
Fantastical for iPhone is ready for iOS 10 and watchOS 3!
- Updated Today widget that shows your schedule at a glance and can be expanded to show more details
- Added option to show only some calendars and reminder lists in the Watch app
- Added option to show all-day events in the Watch complication
- New launcher style for Watch complication to quickly open Fantastical from a watch face
- Faster Watch complication updates on watchOS 3
- Numeric keyboard row now appears more consistently with third-party keyboards
- New 3D Touch gestures: 3D Touch on the red header to go to a different date, 3D Touch on a date picker to jump to today
- Improved support for when receiving shared items from OmniFocus
- Improved keyboard shortcuts when using a Bluetooth keyboard
- Various fixes and improvements