When several people are working on the same project, it is not uncommon for more than one person to require access to the same files. With several people editing the same documents, it can be difficult to keep track of which version of a file is the most recent, but this is something that TeamDrive can help with.
The program is a cross-platform tool which makes it possible to set up shared workspaces that can be used to store file online and synchronise them with local copies, configuring shared access so the files can be edited by whoever needs them. Documents are stored in the Amazon Cloud so there is no need to have your own server.
This easy to configure virtual network drive makes it easy to share files with others and automatic synchronisation means that all users can be sure that they have the latest versions of files. Documents are secured using 256-bit encryption and each user is granted complete control over who else is able to access the files they create.
Offline access means that you can work with files when an internet connection is not available and any changes you make will be synchronised the next time you go online. With automatic version control, backup creation and notifications, collaborative work is made quick and easy.
The free version of TeamDrive makes use of the pre-configured Cloud service which includes version of TeamDrive makes use of the pre-configured Cloud service which includes 1000MB of storage space and is supported by advertising. By upgrading to the Personal or Professional edition of the program you can add support for personal devices, eliminate advertisements and gain access to free support and updates.
What's new in 4.0.8?
- Implemented SearchFilter (all platforms)
- Added smart office support. (mobile platforms)
- Added support for creating new files in SmartOffice on IOS
- Added progress indication when searching for files
- Just after joining a space the initial file listing is very rough.
- Change portable installer structure (Windows)
- Space home by clicking twice on Spaces oder Active Spaces
- Display tooltips on desktop
- Display Space/User status in swipable subline instead of date