WPS Office (previously Kingsoft Office) is a lightweight yet powerful office suite.
A speedy installation process equips your PC with three applications: WPS Writer is a capable word processor, WPS Spreadsheets handles all your calculating needs, and WPS Presentations is available to help share your ideas with others.
Each program opens and saves all Microsoft Office document formats (doc, docx, xls, xlsx etc), as well as HTML, RTF, XML, even PDF.
There's real depth here, too. WPS Writer isn't just another basic editor, for instance: there's support for tables, charts, shapes, images, equations and the 2016 edition is even compatible with WordArt and SmartArt.
Extras include a stack of stylish templates to get you off to a quick start.
This is a beta of the commercial edition, so there are none of the restrictions you usually get with the free copy of WPS. In particular, documents you save or print to PDF will not have a watermark added.
The latest WPS Office adds compatibility with SmartArt and WordArt. There's full support for OOXML formats including DOCX, XLSX and PPTX. WPS Writer now has its own internal reader for opening PDFs. There are also various new charts with extra customisation options.
A seriously impressive and attractive suite of tools. Keep in mind that it's a beta, though - if you use it for serious work, save and back up your documents frequently.
What's new in 188.8.131.5266 (see update log for more):
- Now you can easily access your cloud files stored in WPS Cloud or other third-party cloud services with integrated document access.
- We've added portals of our five components to the sidebar: Docs, Sheets, Slides, PDF, and AirPage for quick navigation and access.
- Supported quick access to tool collections include over dozens of handy desktop tools.
- Now you can enjoy varieties of high-quality and premium templates for free.
- We've added a new template collections page to help you quickly find the templates based on the topic.
- Now you can easily select desired template theme: personalized recommendations of popular templates tailored to each component.
- Now we provide users with a smoother and faster experience for the template downloading process.
- We've improved the template search experience, now supporting more advanced filtering options for increased search efficiency.
- Now you can easily view and access the browsing history in My Templates.
- Fully upgraded visual experience, ensuring the consistency of WPS product UI style, and delivering a more comfortable and natural user experience.
- PDF: Added support for [Certificate Signature], [Manage Certificates], [Verify Signature], [Image Layer], [Timestamp], [Insert Video/Audio], and more features.
- Sheets: Now supports direct image and file pasting into tables.
- Slides: Added new transition effects: Peel Off, Page Curl, and Doors.
- Various other improvements and features have been added to improve your productivity.
- In Sheets component, we've optimized the [Hide/Unhide] feature, making it easier for you to identify hidden rows and columns.
- Now, when you open the file manager, it will remember the last location you accessed, helping you find your documents quickly.-
We've optimized the layout of the popup window for saving documents, creating a more user-friendly experience.
- Programme stability improvements and bug fixes.