VNC Connect is a remote access tool that allows you to securely access and control your PC over the internet.
There are plenty of free ways to do this - including this VNC Connect Home Edition - but the Professional Edition includes many additional features that you may think are worth the purchase price.
One-Port HTTP & VNC delivers easier setup, for instance, by allowing Java and VNC sessions to run through a single TCP port.
File transfer is a particularly valuable extra. One major reason for logging in to your home PC in the first place is that you need access to some important file, and VNC Connect Home Edition allows this without having to figure out some additional workaround.
There's also printing: in just a few clicks you can access a document on your home PC, and send it to a local printer for a quick copy.
Enhanced security features include VNC server authentication, with 2048-bit RSA keys used to verify your identity, and up to 256-bit AES encryption for each VNC session.
And if you need to access multiple PCs remotely then you'll appreciate the integrated VNC address book , which stores the shortcuts for all your VNC servers in one convenient location.
Note that Real VNC Connect Home is free for personal-use only, limited to 5 devices and 3 users.
What's new in 6.20.113 (see release notes for more information):
- NEW: Use VNC Viewer to control which remote monitor is displayed by VNC Server (requires VNC Server 6.7.0 or later). Press F8 while connected to your VNC Server to access the "Select monitor" menu.
- NEW: Added support for Windows Server 2019 and CentOS/RHEL 8.
- NEW: VNC Viewer will now log to a file at info level (30) by default, in addition to EventLog/syslog logging at audit level (10).
- NEW: Advanced parameters can now be set via the Expert tab in VNC Server's Options. This will typically be used with instruction from RealVNC Support when troubleshooting an issue.
- FIXED: Desktop toolbar should no longer keep focus when interacting with it.
- FIXED: A silent crash could occur on Windows 10 when launching connections from the address book.
- FIXED: A silent crash could occur on Windows 10 launching instant support sessions.
- FIXED: Crash on connection to AMX touch panel from Linux.
A powerful remote access tool with many time-saving features