One of the keys to success is preparation and one of the best forms of preparation, whatever task or project you are working on, is creating a to-do list. By following David Allen's Getting Things Done methodology, you are free to concentrate on what actually need to be done rather than getting bogged down.
Wunderlist is a cross platform to-do list manager that subscribes to the GTD ideology and, thanks to an online synchronisation feature, allows your to-do list to be accessed from any computer with an internet connection. Although not currently available, an iPhone/iPad version of the application is due to be released so you lists can be accessed when out and about.
The application is versatile enough to be able to work the way you want it to. If you would just like to create a simple list of things you need to do, it can be used in this way. However you can also assign due dates to help keep things organised and create alerts.
Drag and drop can be used to change the order in which items are displayed, or to move them between lists. With a huge number of keyboard shortcuts, Wunderlist allows for quick operation and is highly customisable. This is an impressive piece of software and the availability of both desktop and mobile versions of the app means that it is possible to easily keep your list synchronised between multiple devices.
What's new in v3.0?
- New, more intuitive design and reengineered apps make Wunderlist feel faster than ever before.
- Real-time Sync instantly updates your lists, no matter where you are.
- Collaborating with Wunderlist is now even easier, with a simpler way to share todo lists.
- Comments are now free to help everyone stay in the loop with family and colleagues.
- Curate your favorite things to do, see and make for everyone on the web, with Public Lists.