It is right to exercise a degree of caution when using a computer. An unexpected program crashing can not only lead to losing the document that was open in that program, but there is also the risk that the crash will bring down Windows completely, along with any other applications that may be running at the same time. Browsing the internet can be fraught with problems, with drive-by downloads threatening to infect your computer with unknown malware. Protection for some of these problems is available in the form of antivirus and anti-malware products, but another option is to make use of Sandboxie.
This innovative program makes it possible to run applications in complete isolation from the rest of your system - in a sandbox. This means that any problems that may crop up in an isolated piece of software do not spread to other areas of your system; this help to protect against full system crashes, and also the spread of malware. Sandboxie can also be used to run web browser sessions in isolation so that any malicious web sites that may be encountered are not able to cause any damage outside the sandbox.
If you spend a lot of time installing and uninstalling software to try it out, consider using Sandboxie to install programs into a sandbox to prevent your system from being slowed down by clutter. This is a unique program which makes it easy to avoid unwanted changes to your system and helps to keep Windows running smoothly.
The new Sandboxie 5.14 ships with a number of improvements, including:
- Added new Sbie setting BlockNetworkFiles. It is available under Sandboxie Settings -> Restrictions.
- When BlockNetworkFiles=y, sandboxed applications are blocked from reading network files or folders. Individual files/folders can be opened for reading/writing using the normal Resource Access settings.
- Fixed hang when starting MS Office applications.
- Eliminated error SBIE2314 Cancelling process xxxx.exe (xxxx / 9)
- Proxy Auto Config (PAC) files were not functioning in Win 10 Anniversary.
- Vivaldi is now supported.
- Fixed the Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant issues (hotmail.com, outlook.com, etc.)
- Fixed clipboard copy/paste failure from sandbox to host.
- Fixed Actual Window Manager.