The program comes with templates for the speedy creation of HTML. CSS, WML, PHP and ASP documents, for instance. And it's easy to extend HTMLPad with additional templates of your own.
At the core of the program, of course, is a very advanced and highly configurable text editor, that features both UTF-8 and UTF-16 Unicode support. But although HTMLPad is text based rather than WYSIWYG, HTML and CSS documents still get a very handy live preview window, which displays an updated view of your site as you make changes.
As you complete your work, a spellchecker and integration with CSE HTML Validator all help to ensure that your document is error-free. And when you're done, integrated FTP support means you can publish files directly to an FTP or SFTP server, then view them online.
HTMLPad 2016 brings (see "what's new" for more):
- Heavily improved user interface. New, modern tab and docking system.
- Go To Anything. Jump to any file or place in your project or currently open file with a few keystrokes.
- Improved text editor
- Improved preview
- Improved Project management
- Improved FTP/SFTP/FTPS
- Improved HTML and CSS support
- Improved Language Browser
- Plugin improvements
- Lots of misc minor adjustments and fixes