With countless web sites and programs now requiring that users log in with a password, it is little wonder that many people resort to using the same password for a number of services simply to avoid forgetting them.
The program is, at its heart, a password database which can be used to store all of your login details in one secure, password protected location. This in itself is useful, but 1Password can also be used to automatically fill in login information so you do not have to do so manually.
1Password includes extensions for a number of programs including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and many more, and these can be used to quickly access the password features of the program without having to explicitly launch it.
When used in conjunction with your web browser for online shopping, 1Password can automatically fill in credit card details in online forms. With built in phishing protection, coupled with the secure database, you can be certain that your details will never fall into the wrong hands.
1Password for Mac v6.0 is a major release (see the changelog for more information) with these new features:
- When viewing a 1Password for Teams item in All Vaults, the team name is listed in the details view.
- The Strong Password Generator has been redesigned and now supports generating wordlist passwords!
- The first-run setup screens have been redesigned and completely reworked.
- All new Save Login window, making it easier than ever to save new Logins from your web browser.
- Added 1Password for Teams!
- Added the ability to use 1Password with only 1Password for Teams.
- Added All Vaults so that you can see across multiple vaults faster than ever.
- Added the ability to sync via iCloud in the AgileBits Store version of 1Password!