With countless web sites and programs now requiring that users log in with a password, it is little wonder that many people resort to using the same password for a number of services simply to avoid forgetting them.
The program is, at its heart, a password database which can be used to store all of your login details in one secure, password protected location. This in itself is useful, but 1Password can also be used to automatically fill in login information so you do not have to do so manually.
1Password includes extensions for a number of programs including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and many more, and these can be used to quickly access the password features of the program without having to explicitly launch it.
When used in conjunction with your web browser for online shopping, 1Password can automatically fill in credit card details in online forms. With built in phishing protection, coupled with the secure database, you can be certain that your details will never fall into the wrong hands.
1Password for Mac v6.3.1 is a minor release (see the changelog for more information) with these new features:
- Item sharing has returned with proper advice for sharing only over secure services.
- When first setting up 1Password the back buttons shown there now properly support VoiceOver.
- The password generator shown when first setting up 1Password now announces the number of words.
- VoiceOver no longer reads the image descriptions in sidebar categories or item list.
- We made it more clear how to sign out of an account in the "Accounts" preferences.
- Improved VoiceOver support in the 1Password Account login form so that the text fields are associated with their labels.
- Improved VoiceOver in the setup & welcome screens.
- Added VoiceOver support for the "Copy", "Reveal", "Large Type", and "Open and Fill" menu items on the item details screen.
- Added VoiceOver support to the Large Type window.
- Updated our translations with the latest from our incredible translators on Crowdin.