Your computer hard disk is one of its most important components. It is in constant use whenever the machine is running and it is home to not only Windows, but also all of your important files. As such, it is good idea to do what you can to keep an eye on it to help ensure that nothing is going to go wrong.
This is what Hard Disk Sentinel enables you to do, proving reports, statistics and tips about your drives. Whether you have a single hard drives installed, a number of internal drives or a combination of internal and external drives, the program can keep you informed about the state of all of them.
Hard Disk Sentinel will monitor the temperature and health of your drives, making use of SMART information to provide detailed feedback about what is going on with your disks. The program can also provide you with all manner of detailed specifications about your drives including spin up times and Seek Error Rate.
Warnings will be displayed if your drive's temperature becomes too high or the overall health level starts to suffer. You can perform a variety of tests such as surface tests to check the integrity of your disks so you can pre-empt any problems that may arise.
A comprehensive informational and diagnostic tool for hard drives. The tests are thorough and the amount of data provided is impressive.
Version 5.70 brings (changelog):
- added option: Include problem overview in alerts (Configuration -> Message Settings, Pro version only)
- added option: Alert about problematic drive(s) only (Configuration -> Message Settings, Pro version only)
- added links to text descriptions: show links with underline and option to click on them to open in browser automatically
- added support of DELL PERC Software RAID controllers: DELL PERC S100/S300, DELL PERC S110, DELL PERC S130, DELL PERC S140: detect all connected hard disks/SSDs and their health, temperature and status information (configured as RAID or standalone)
- added support of Broadcom 9500 series Tri-mode SAS / SATA / NVMe RAID controllers: detect SATA / SAS / NVMe RAID array members, display complete - self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of drives managed by Broadcom 95xx RAID controller, configured as RAID
- added support of WD BLACK AN1500 NVMe SSD: display real health, wearout, lifetime writes, S.M.A.R.T. status of SSDs
- added support of HighPoint 7505 NVMe RAID controller: detect the status information of NVMe SSDs used in standalone and RAID mode
- added support of ROG RAIDR Express PCIe: detect complete status, health, S.M.A.R.T. information
- added support of ORICO 3559U3 5-bay external USB 3.0 hard disk enclosure
- added support of Yottamaster 4-bay and FS5U3 5-bay external USB 3.0 hard disk enclosure
- added support of KIOXIA EXCERIA SATA / NVMe SSDs
- added health display for LITEON ECE Dell-specific SSDs
- added support of Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB NVMe SSD
- added support of Crucial CT500P1SSD8 / CT1000P1SSD8, Micron 9300 Max (Micron NVMe driver)
- added support of ATP AF8GUD3-WAAXX, AF16GUD3-WAAXX, AF32GUD3-WAAXX industrial SD cards
- added support of ADATA SE760 external SSD
- added support of RaidSonic Icy Box IB-1817M-C31, RaidSonic ICY BOX IB-1824ML-C31 NVMe-USB adapter
- detect up to 240 hard disk drives/SSDs
- added support of updated Realtek USB-NVMe firmware
- added support of OWC Aura SSD: detect complete status, health, S.M.A.R.T. information
- added support of AXE Memory external SSD
- added support of Bulldozer, AFOX SSDs