There is no shortage of programs that can be used to download torrents, but BitComet has a combination of features which make it worth checking out. As well as support for standard torrent files, the program can make use of magnet links and downloads that have been paused can be quickly resumed without the need for time consuming file scans.
As well as torrents, the program can also be used to perform HTTP and FTP download, with support for multiple mirrors helping to speed up downloads. uPNP port mapping is automatically configured so there is no need to worry about not been able to connect to other downloaders.
Many file types, including AVI and WMV, can be previewed before a download has completely finished, and intelligent automatic file renaming makes it easier to organise your files. Download prioritising can be used to force one particular download to finish before others, and download and upload speeds will be automatically configured to suit your internet connection.
The program interface includes links to a number of popular torrent sites so you can perform searches without having to fire up your web browser. Tagging and favouriting options make it easy to bookmark sites and torrents for use at a later date.
What's new in 1.51 (see changelog for more)?
- GUI Improved: new settings in Tracker page of option window, automatically add trackers when start BitTorrent download
- GUI Improved: new settings in Tracker page of option window, automatically update trackers list every day
- GUI Improved: increase max value for global rate limit, task rate limit and scheduler rate limit from 9999kB/s to 100MB/s
- GUI Improved: improve support for high-DPI monitor
- GUI Bugfix: unsupport download torrent file from HTTPS link
- GUI Bugfix: remove P2PCache function from Advanced page of Option window, which was out-of-service for a long time
- Core Improve: improve download speed stability of BitTorrent downloading
- Core Improve: increase max download speed of single connection of BitTorrent downloading
- Core Improve: refine Crash Report program
- Core Bugfix: fix problems when exit program while high-speed downloading