There is no shortage of programs that can be used to download torrents, but BitComet has a combination of features which make it worth checking out. As well as support for standard torrent files, the program can make use of magnet links and downloads that have been paused can be quickly resumed without the need for time consuming file scans.
As well as torrents, the program can also be used to perform HTTP and FTP download, with support for multiple mirrors helping to speed up downloads. uPNP port mapping is automatically configured so there is no need to worry about not been able to connect to other downloaders.
Many file types, including AVI and WMV, can be previewed before a download has completely finished, and intelligent automatic file renaming makes it easier to organise your files. Download prioritising can be used to force one particular download to finish before others, and download and upload speeds will be automatically configured to suit your internet connection.
The program interface includes links to a number of popular torrent sites so you can perform searches without having to fire up your web browser. Tagging and favouriting options make it easy to bookmark sites and torrents for use at a later date.
A fully featured torrent client offering superb download speeds.
What's new in 1.94 (see changelog for more)?
- GUI Improve: new option in HTTP task properties dialog: send custom HTTP headers to mirror addresses
- GUI Improve: new option in add HTTP task page of Remote Download: send custom HTTP headers to mirror addresses
- GUI Improve: add RSS feeds option in export and import dialog
- GUI Improve: display metadata cache info in Statistics pane
- GUI Improve: supports custom_headers_for_mirrors parameter in BC link
- GUI Improve: new peers banned reason in the BT task peer list: connection_limit
- GUI Improve: new button in integration page of Option dialog: Install Edge Extensio
- GUI Bugfix: the file list below the torrent list supports non-utf8 encoded non-standard torrent files
- GUI Bugfix: snapshot icon should be displayed in torrent list for all torrents knowing infohash
- GUI Bugfix: the metadata status in torrent list is not always accurate
- GUI Bugfix: during the sorting of the torrent list, setting search keywords has no effect
- GUI Bugfix: after adding a task, the selected status of the task tag in the left favorites bar is lost
- Core Improve: remove the passkey parameter in tracker URL when save private torrent from Magnet Link to Torrent History
- Core Improve: new BitComet Extension for Edge
- Core Improve: update BitComet Extension for Firefox
- Core Improve: reduce the waiting time to initiate a connection after receiving a new peer
- Core Improve: when copying the magnet link of a private torrent, remove the passkey parameter in the tracker link
- Core Bugfix: abnormal data may cause memory access violation in IP2Location module