Spend a little time online and it won't be long before you are required to fill in some sort of form - and the chances are it also won't be long before you are asked to fill in another similar form asking for very much the same information. While web browsers have been developed so certain key details such as usernames and passwords can be automatically filled in for you, filling in the details of an online form is still something of a manual process even if a feature such as auto-complete is enabled.
RoboForm takes things a step further, offering to not only fill in user names and passwords on your behalf, but also to automatically fill in longer forms such as those asking for address details. During the installation of RoboForm you will be prompted to create a master password. This is used to protect all of the passwords and other form information that will be stored in the program so it is important that it is not only difficult for other people to guess, but also something that you are going to remember. Whatever web browser you are using, you can then provide RoboForm with common personal information and the program will fill in the relevant fields of online forms when necessary.
There are two versions of RoboForm available - the free edition and the Pro version. The free version can be used to create a single user profile, with 10 password logins, while an unlimited number are available in the Pro edition. Users of RoboForm Pro can create an unlimited number of custom fields, while only three can be created in the free version. If you've been looking for a way to save time and avoid the potential problem of spelling mistakes when filling in online forms, RoboForm may just be the tool you have been looking for.
What's new in 7.9.23 (see changelog for more)?
- Chrome: fix SearchBox dropdown jumps to top left screen corner while typing into SearchBox.
- Chrome, Firefox: Fix SearchBox issues, with pasting, etc.
- Chrome: fix RF does not work on some sites with IFRAME.
- Chrome, Firefox: fix filling from Identity is too slow on some sites.
- Chrome: Fix RF toolbar ignores 'Enable popup RoboForm toolbar' setting if started while not logged in.
- Firefox: fix keyboard shortcuts for opening menus from toolbar do not work.
- Firefox: fix RoboForm toolbar appears even if unchecked in Firefox.
- Firefox: fix RoboForm toolbar appears but does not work in private browsing mode.
- Firefox: fix RoboForm does not attach to Firefox in some cases.
- Firefox: fix RoboForm does not show AutoFill window on Firefox Sync Sign In page.
- Firefox: Fix AutoSave with AutoSave-bar sometimes prevents navigation from happening.
- Fix RoboForm does not match Logins for sites with the name that starts with 'cgi' or 'www'.
- Fix filling of visible elements whose parents are invisible.
- Fix form filling when frames with aborted loading appear, such as in MetLife.
- Fix not filling form at https://idp.onregional.ca and other sites that reset password on focus.
- Fix form filling on https://login.verizonwireless.com
- Fix RF menu popups and BA toolbar are positioned incorrectly on systems with high DPI.
- Fix some rules in form filling from Identity