When it comes to photo editing tools, there is no shortage of programs to choose from – and there is something to cater for all levels of ability. But there are scant few image editing applications that are accessible for beginners but advanced enough to continue to be useful as your skills and demands grow over time. This is precisely what is different about PhotoFiltre Studio X which is packed with powerful tools but has a gentle learning curve that isn’t off-putting.
Anyone looking to get started into the world of photo editing can get quick and easy results by turning to the wide range of filters that can be applied to images and tools such as the red eye removal brush. As your abilities grow and you start to feel more comfortable with the way the program works you can start to experiment with some of the more advanced options such as the wide range of brushes and effects such as a the warp mesh.
With a number of selection tools at your disposal, custom brushes, layers and PhotoMasque module, it is possible to come up with some seriously impressive results without the expense often associated with high-end image editors. Should you find that you want to expand the features of PhotoFiltre Studio X, you can do so by download one of the many free add-ons and plugins that are available from the program web site.
While there is no getting away from the fact that this is a powerful image editing tool, the interface leave a little to be desired. The sheer number of buttons that are on display means that the editing window can be somewhat overwhelming – and the color scheme that has been chosen for the interface and buttons does not help in this regard.
Build 10.8.1 brings:
- Display the name of the curves in the title (Curves modules)
- Show the true size cursor with the tool line
- Improvement of the module PhotoMask : Bichrom option is enabled in RGBA
- The scroll bar is auto in the tool palette (when resizing window)
- The filter Fog works in RGBA mode (Alpha chanel too)
- New command line parameter "-hklm" for network install
- Improvment of the print copy number (Print module)
- CTRL+V is activated in the number edit zone