CherryTree is a hierarchical note-taking application for brainstorming, planning, creating to-do lists, managing tasks, and generally keeping yourself organised.
This works much like many similar programs. You'll create a few "nodes" - folders on a tree - to represent some structure (1, 1a, 1b, 2, 2a, 2b, 2c etc). Each node is effectively a separate page where you can enter whatever content you like. This might be text notes, links, images, tables, lists, files and more, each with a host of formatting options.
The core editor had many more features than we expected. Spell Check, subscript/ superscript, H1/ H2/ H3 toggling, case change commands, syntax highlighting for many common languages, there's a lot here (although Spell Check may have to be enabled from Settings > Rich Text). And just about everything has its own keyboard shortcut for extra speed.
Important nodes may be bookmarked to help you find them later. Although if you forget, that may not be a problem: a capable Search tool - with regular expression support - will quickly track down what you need.
By default CherryTree neatly saves you work as a single XML file or SQLite database, optionally password-protecting it to maintain your privacy.
The program also works well with similar note-taking apps, though, importing data from EssentialPIM, Gnote, KeepNote, Mempad, TreePad, Zim and more, or exporting your documents to PDF, HTML or plain TXT.
• protected documents: better checks at extraction time to cope with 7zip extracting zero size files after a wrong password
• protected documents bugfix: windows 7za.exe wrong path detected causing wrong password error
• import from plain text file in WIN_OS allow user to select an extension different than txt (in linux any text file is automatically detected)
• changed behaviour of HOME and END key presses in text: at first press move the cursor to start or end of the line, at second go to smart start or end (start or end excluding spaces)
• dialog tablecolumnhandle: change active radiobutton with Tab and auto focus to text entry
• added support for Scala programming language (from gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs)