MultiHasher is a free file hash calculator with a stack of features.
You're able to add files to hash in many different ways: selected files, a folder, a folder tree, a path or process, maybe just by dragging and dropping files onto the program.
The program immediately calculates and displays CRC32, MD5, RIPEMD-160, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384 and SHA-512 hashes (you can enable or disable any of these individually if you're not interested).
You're able to search online for any of these hash values, potentially useful as it might identify a file which has been renamed.
Right-click a particular file, select "Query VirusTotal" and the program sends its hash to VirusTotal, opening a browser window to display the (malware/ not malware) results.
Bonus features include optional Explorer integration, allowing you to calculate file hashes directly from their right-click menu.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 10
- Added missing SHA-2 variants (SHA-224, SHA-512/224 and SHA-512/256)
- Added support for Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier (FCIV) database
- Added support for Unix-style and BSD-style checksum files
- Added option to display digests in base16 (lower or upper case), base32 or base64
- Added German translation
- Minor UI tweaks
- Fixed several bugs