File synchronisation is incredibly useful. If you are creating a web site, it makes it easy to ensure that the latest version of files are uploaded, and synchronisation can also be used to create backups of important files.
GoodSync can be used in synchronisation or backup mode, making it a versatile tool. Files can be synchronised with or backed up to other folders, separate drives, removable media, networked computers or online servers.
Used in two-way synchronisation mode, GoodSync makes it easy to keep files in sync in two locations - as soon as files are created, edited or deleted, the change will be reflected in the connected location. Used in one-way backup mode, GoodSync provides a means of safeguarding your files.
But it does not end there. GoodSync can also be used to synchronise data between applications. There are a number of supported programs, including RoboForm, Outlook, QuickBooks and Windows Mail. The program is easy to set up and the synchronisation is fast and reliable, helping to give you peace of mind.
Note that there is a Pro version available.
A solid and reliable synchronisation tool which doubles as a backup program.
What's new in 12.0 (see full changelog for more)?
- Account Setup: new Account Setup, more usable, complete redesign.
- Account Setup: Request ComputerId on Serving Files page, not on Login page.
- Account Setup: Enterprise: Separate Direct Addressing mode and Offline mode.
- Account Setup: Impersonation option now appears only for Enterprise versions.
- Account Switch: Fixed new Account can get Jobs from old one, if GS is Elevated.
- Runner Setup: re-implement it as Sib-HTML dialog, improve usability.
- Copy Progress: For big files (>= 1 Byte) log 2 messages: start (<) and finish (>).
- Apple iCloud: Added new file system for Apple iCloud online storage.
- Box.com: Implement block uploads (for files >=20 MiB).
- S3: Fixed escaping of URL, when uploading parts of large files.
- S3 and Azure: Always uses CanonicV4Escape on all URIs.
- S3 Google Cloud: Fixed Copy/Move of files inside FS did not work if file name contains ( ) ' !
- S3: Allow parallel upload and download of large file chunks on non-Amazon S3 hosts.
- Azure S3 DropBox WebDAV: Do not return OK but return error, if file/folder to be deleted is not found.
- SFTP: Added ecdsa-sha2-nistp256, ecdsa-sha2-nistp384, ecdsa-sha2-nistp521 hostkey algorithms.
- SFTP: Fix our order of preferred hostkey algorithms, this allows connecting to Wings server.
- SMB: Added support for SetFolderModTime() to new Sib-SMB.
- SMB: Fully separate Old Win-SMB (prefix smb:// or \\) and New Sib-SMB (prefix smbd://).
- SMB + gs-server: gs-server smb:/ virtual folder uses New Sib-SMB or Old Win-SMB based on Program Option.
- Gs-Server: Get back to keeping 10 last transactions memorized, as we might need them.
- GsRunner + GsServer service: Do not try to start Gs-Server service from GsRunner service start.
- GsServer Sessions: improved locking and dead session cleanup.
- CC-Runner: fixed /cc-acct-passwd= and /sys-passwd= specified in command line were lost on elevation.
- CC-Runner: Stopped using HttpConnectionPool in CC Runner, optimized reuse of HTTPS connections.
- Explorer Download: Fixed download was not always retried on lossy connections (such as WiFi).
- SyncLib: Create _gsdata_ folders if they do not exist, not just on Analyze but On Sync too.
- Main GUI Windows: Fix job direction button layout, so that Analyze button does not change its size.
- Cryptography: improved randomness of random generator used to seed encryption.