The Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox is a collection of utilities to help you manage and optimise Intel Solid-State Drives (SSDs). It currently supports Intel drives in the X-18, X-25, 3xx, 5xx and 7xx ranges. You may need the latest firmware to use the toolbox.
Tools include the SSD Optimizer, which uses various techniques (including the TRIM command) to enhance the performance of Intel's 34nm SSDs (it won't work with 50nm models).
A Drive Information option will tell you more about your particular SSD. Not sure of its model name, perhaps? Or maybe you're wondering which version of firmware it's using? One click and you'll find out here.
A SMART tool displays details about how the drive is being used: power cycles, power on time, media wearout indicator and other data that could alert you to an impending hardware failure.
And if you're already worried about your drive's reliability, then there are two diagnostic scans that could provide useful clues to its health. The Fast Scan takes three minutes and gives you a quick idea, while the Full Diagnostic Scan puts your drive through a complete workout, and delivers the most reliable report.
What's new in 3.4.7?
- This revision adds a firmware update for the 256GB and 512GB Intel® SSD 540s and Pro 5400s Series products as well as firmware updates for the Intel® SSD 545s and DC S3520 Series drives.
- For the 256GB and 512GB Intel® SSD 540s Series, the latest firmware revision is 015C.
- For the 256GB and 512GB Intel® SSD Pro 5400s Series, the latest firmware revision is 015P.
- For the Intel® SSD 545s Series, the latest firmware revision is 002C.
- For the Intel® SSD DC S3520 Series, the latest firmware revision is N2010121.