Patch My PC is an easy-to-use tool which can quickly check your PC for outdated software.
Just launch the program, and it will check your installations of Adobe Reader, Flash, Firefox and Acrobat (if present), highlighting any which aren't the very latest version. If you spot any problems, just click "Run Updates" and Patch My PC will download and install any required updates for you.
The program can also check the following packages for update, amongst others: Google Chrome, CCleaner Slim, CPU-Z, Defraggler, ImgBurn, SandBoxie, VLC Player, File Zilla, WinRar, Pidgin, iTunes, Dropbox, Pot Player, Safari, Google Earth, Spybot Search & Destroy, KeePass, Picasa, Malwarebytes, Thunderbird, Speccy and others.
And just for completeness, Patch My PC will also display whatever Windows updates might be available for your system. Which could be useful, even if you have the essentials installed automatically, as it displays details of the optional updates as well.
Version 188.8.131.52 brings these changes (see changelog for more):
- Fixed the downloaded Dropbox file name.
- Fixed ProcessLasso & UltraDefrag from installing x86 on x64 by default.
- Excluded “Skypemate” from interfering with Skype detection.
- Improved Adobe Flash products & Java 8 detection and installation process.
- Updated “Brave” silent switch.
- Updated “System Mechanic” Silent Switch, Shortcut & Process Name