Bulk Crap Uninstaller (BCUninstaller) is a free portable tool which makes it easier to remove large numbers of programs from your PC.
The program offers a detailed view of your installed software. As well as the basics - program name, install date, version, size - you'll see its "About" URL, whether it's 32 or 64-bit, its storage folder, Registry key, uninstaller type, product code, uninstall commands and more.
Colour-coding tells you more, like: is the uninstaller file missing? If present, is it a Windows component? Does it have a valid certificate?
Right-clicking an application displays options to open its web page, view its storage location, launch its "Configure" dialog and more.
If you'd like to uninstall one or more programs, then just select as many as you like. When you're ready, click "Uninstall" to remove them as normal, "Quietly uninstall" to remove them without seeing any further uninstaller prompts, or "Manually" to allow BCU to uninstall the program itself.
This manual installation process worked well when we tried it. The program scanned for relevant files and Registry keys, and gave us a full list, complete with a "confidence level" for each one. You can choose what to keep and what to remove, and BCU asks if you'd like to create a Registry backup before it goes to work.
Bulk Crap Uninstaller is an excellent application manager and uninstaller, packed with advanced features yet also very easy - and relatively safe - to use.
What's new in 5.7 (see changelog for more)?
- Improved Dutch translations by @ckielstra in #459
- More Dutch improvements by @NekoJonez in #471
- French localization update by Thierry in 508d49d
- Traditional Chinese translation by @Henryliu880922 in 3cf5d93
- Allow multi-selecting in UninstallConfirmation dialog by @Klocman in f2060f7
- Blacklist 7z.exe from executable search by @Klocman in c930c72
- Ensure that scoop export is actually in an old format instead of parsing corrupted json data by @Klocman in 6b868aa
- Improve InstallDate format handling by @Klocman in d1f168a
- Improve app merging for items from some application stores by @Klocman in 775696e
- Improve detection of saved main window position being off-screen by @Klocman in 24a5d6c
- In checkbox mode, on right click add the item to the selection instead of clearing the selection by @Klocman in 6fe9cd7
- Penalize files with "report" and "crash" in name when sorting app executables by @Klocman in 1afab13
- Prevent SelectedUninstallers from somehow having nulls by @Klocman in f3c0fe5
- Prevent crashes in MainWindow.OnDpiChanged by @Klocman in 7c007af
- Search AppData/Programs directories for applications by @Klocman in 223bbd5
- Update Steam detection by @Klocman in 3fcdaff
- Fixed GetFullPath crash in SteamFactory.FindJunk by @Klocman in be01b5d
- Fixed NullReferenceException crash in JunkDoesNotPointToSelf by @Klocman in 8b030dd
- Fixed ObjectDisposedException crash SearchForAndRemoveProgramFilesJunk by @Klocman in 1ea9e60
- Fixed PlayCorrespondingSystemSound FileNotFoundException crash by @Klocman in 5ad1671
- Fixed UninstallerListDoubleClickAction setting not being saved correctly by @Klocman in 57174e7
- Fixed ratings not being available for Scoop by @Klocman in a3fb12f
- Fixed some distinct applications being erronously merged by @Klocman in e4b5147
- Fixed the "Uninstall BCUninstaller" menu option not working by @Klocman in 2b90f32
- Fixed version extraction by @Klocman in b3253f9
- Clean up project files; Fixed AnyCPU target actually being x64 by @Klocman in dab6bf3
- Remove unnecessary packages.config files by @Klocman in 4e610e6
- Update packages by @Klocman in d8e06a0