Ashampoo Burning Studio is a capable disc burning suite which also finds room for some unexpected and interesting features.
Burning regular data discs, for example, is a very simple and straightforward process. Click Burn Data > New Disc from the front-end menu, drag and drop your files onto the interface, and you can be burning your CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc in a couple of clicks.
But the program also create Autostart discs, which display interactive menus that appear when the disc is inserted. These can launch files or documents, send an email, link to a web page and more, and are a great way to properly present information to the recipient of your disc.
It's a similar story when you need to create video DVDs. Just like the competition, you're able to drag and drop in a few source videos and burn them to a PAL or NTSC video. But Burning Studio can also trim, cut or split your videos; add soundtracks to a movie; create video slideshows from your images, with custom transitions and subtitles, and more.
Elsewhere, there are tools to create or rip audio CDs, burn, create or browse disc images (ASHDISC, CUE/ BIN, ISO, IMG); run simple file backups, copy discs, edit labels and covers, and the list goes on.
What's new in v19?
- NEW: Scratch protection for always accessible data even with damaged surfaces
- NEW: Menus, themes and templates for multimedia use
- NEW: History feature for the 20 most recent burning projects with recovery option
- NEW: Video editor with new simple mode for fast and easy editing
- NEW: Tailor-made presets for over 1000 car radios