For some workers, taking a laptop and working with a 3G card, from any location is becoming a reality. To make this happen, all you need is the facility to synchronise data with other users and between computers. If you work on your laptop from a hotel room, you’ll want the same notes back on your desktop computer, when you get back to the office.
The the most obvious solution would be to take a USB drive and store your data, then move the drive between computers. However, it’s easy to lose, easy to forget to bring it in to the office and it’s a long-winded approach for making sure your notes are up-to-date on every machine.
Evernote is another idea. It’s a tool which you can use to store your notes, ideas, plans and interesting snippets of your favourite websites and other online material. You can then install another copy of Evernote on a different computer, and the first thing it does is synchronise your notes back on to this machine. Better still, there are version of Evernote for Windows, Mac and your mobile, so you are never far from your notes. You can also store your notes online, so if you are on a host computer where you aren’t able to install new software, simply open your web browser and access your Evernote account.
With Evernote, you can store and synchronise text notes, images, grabs, your photos, media and most other files. You can categorise your information so you can quickly find the files across every machine.
Evernote 6 continues to add new features at pace. There's a new Assisted Search tool, high DPI support, a reorganised user interface promising cleaner navigation and better organization. Tags and notebook styling have been improved, along with general tweaks to the Note Editor. Evernote Business users also gain the ability to separate business and personal content.
What's new in 6.10?
- Fixed an intermittent issue where notes are sometimes not loaded when on-demand sync option is selected
- Fixed an issue where local notebooks are sometimes missing
- Fixed an issue where a new line is sometimes introduced after copy/pasting text into a note
- Fixed an issue where an audio note is not saved when switching away from a note while sync is hapening
- Fixed an issue where Evernote can no longer be launched if the database folder is manually deleted
- Fixed an issue where encrypted text is not always shown after providing the passphrase
- Fixed an issue where annotation is not possible if an attached PDF file name includes "." (dot symbol)