WinGate Proxy Server is an internet gateway and communications server suitable for anything from small home networks to large businesses.
The program will share anything from a simple dial-up to speedy fibre internet connection between your various network users, for instance. And support for a host of internet protocols ensures WinGate Proxy Server will work with browsers, instant messaging software, FTP, SSL, streaming audio and video, DirectPlay internet games, and more.
Logging and auditing features, combined with a real-time activity viewer ensure you can always keep an eye on exactly how your internet connection is being used. And if this doesn't meet your approval then it's easy to set up and enforce custom access control and acceptable use policies.
Your security is protected at all times by WinGate Proxy Server's integrated packet-inspecting firewall. But if you need more then the program can be extended (at additional cost) with modules to, say, scan incoming data for malware, or filter out inappropriate content in web traffic.
And the integrated web and DNS caching means the program could improve network performance, too.
Conveniently, the program is also licenced according to the number of concurrent users, not per seat. As not everyone will be using the internet at any one time, this could save you a significant amount of cash.
Version 8 improvements include:
1. New: HTTPS inspection support added (Enterprise licenses only)
2. New: HTTP cache: now uses in-memory / file-backed indexes - no more SQL. Result is much faster cache.
3. New: Web Access Control: added rule result of "re-authenticate". This can be used to force change of user.
4. New: Web Access control: added option to track different categories for same site separately or not
5. New: can now intercept port 443 to proxy (normal non-https binding). If SSL inspection is enabled, it can be inspected, else it is tunneled.
6. New: now reads mime types for file extensions from OS when serving.