WinGate Proxy Server is an internet gateway and communications server suitable for anything from small home networks to large businesses.
The program will share anything from a simple dial-up to speedy fibre internet connection between your various network users, for instance. And support for a host of internet protocols ensures WinGate Proxy Server will work with browsers, instant messaging software, FTP, SSL, streaming audio and video, DirectPlay internet games, and more.
Logging and auditing features, combined with a real-time activity viewer ensure you can always keep an eye on exactly how your internet connection is being used. And if this doesn't meet your approval then it's easy to set up and enforce custom access control and acceptable use policies.
Your security is protected at all times by WinGate Proxy Server's integrated packet-inspecting firewall. But if you need more then the program can be extended (at additional cost) with modules to, say, scan incoming data for malware, or filter out inappropriate content in web traffic.
And the integrated web and DNS caching means the program could improve network performance, too.
Conveniently, the program is also licenced according to the number of concurrent users, not per seat. As not everyone will be using the internet at any one time, this could save you a significant amount of cash.
Version 8.3.3 brings (Release Notes):
1. Fix: WWW Proxy: residual problem suppressing count of intermediate auth challenge handshake requests for session request limiting
2. Fix: WWW Proxy: When operating as a reverse proxy filters were being notified twice on receipt of request. This for example would result in double evaluation of web access rules
3. Fix: Help File: was not launching help file on F1 or help links. Problem introduced in version 8.2.2
4. Fix: Credential rules: Was not re-evaluating credential rules when a machine was reactivated. This could cause assumed users credentials to stop working.
5. Fix: MAC Info: problem parsing new OUI file format meant no records.
6. Change: DNS Client: Added information about the query in log warnings about server responses to assist in identifying upstream DNS issues.
7. Change: HTTPS Inspection: added support for SNI extension fixes problems with multi-hosted SSL sites using different certs based on server name indication.
8. Change: Certificates: changed signing algorithm to SHA256
9. Change: WWW Session Schema: Added access to LimitRequestsPerConnection and MaxRequestsPerConnection so these can be set in policy.