GonVisor is a surprisingly capable comic and image viewer.
The program's standout capability is probably its ability to open and view comics (and anything else, really) in the usual CB formats (CBR, CBZ, CBA, CB7). Just open a file to see the opening image and a list of pages. Set your preferred viewing options - you can run full-screen, single or double page, zoom in on images, rotate them, even improve them by optimising colours - and you're ready to get started.
GonVisor includes a lot of navigation options, too. There are keys to go to the next image, for instance, or the previous one. You can jump straight to a particular image (or page) number. Bookmarks allow you to return to favourite images later, and if you've several CBR/ CBZ files in a folder then you can jump to the next or previous one with a keypress.
You don't read digital comics? You've never seen a CBR/ CBZ file? That doesn't matter, because you can also use all GonVisor's abilities to view images in folders, or archive files. (And there's even a beta option to view the images in a PDF file, although you'll need to install and configure another tool before it'll work.)
Please note, while GonVisor is free it will ask if you want to install a couple of additional items (toolbars and so on) during setup. If these don't sound like something you need, though, just clear the relevant options during setup and you won't get any unwanted surprises later.
Version 2.42 brings (version history):
- cbr/cbz files can be created applying current image improvement settings (Colour improvement and Reduce Margin).
- Changed smoothing and added sharpening setting to improve image.
- Roll out transition effect added.
- Added hotkey to do reverse Line Jump (by default shift + Line Jump shortkey).
- Size of control bar can be increased (useful for touch screens).
- Path can be directly copied in new text field in the “Open List of images” dialog.
- New Full screen setting to show “Loading” message.
- When portable version is executed first time in a PC with standard installation done, portable version will use the previous installation configuration.