ESET Smart Security 9 is the latest edition of ESET's popular security suite. It includes an antivirus engine, web browsing and antiphishing protection, a host intrusion prevention system, social media protection, a firewall, spam filter, parental controls and more.
A memory scanner checks application in RAM, so bypassing many of the tricks malware might use to hide its real code.
A Device Control allows you to take complete control over the ways your users can access and work with any given device type (you can allow them use of CDs and DVDs but block USB keys, say).
An Exploit Blocker shields your applications from malicious attempts to exploit their security flaws.
Smart Security 8 introduces Botnet Protection, a firewall option which detects malware by analyzing its network communications.
A new Smart mode for HIPS simplifies the process of detecting malicious processes.
An enhanced Exploit Blocker can now protect against Java exploits.
ESET SysRescue Live is an enhanced rescue environment, a Linux-based malware cleaner which can be booted from a CD, DVD or USB Flash drive (North America Only).
The previous "ESET Cybersecurity Training" has been replaced by ESET Cybersecurity Education (North America only), which "introduces a more interactive and game-like approach to training".
What's new in v9?
- Banking & Payment Protection, which offers users a secure environment for online transactions by automatically detecting when they visit banking or payment sites.
- Reputation Evaluator, which assesses cloud-based files and URLs and can block access based on their reputation-based risk level;
- Support for Network Signatures (an extension of ESET’s existing Botnet Protection feature) allows quick prevention of malicious botnet traffic coming to and from users’ computers;
- Improved update process, which is now more flexible and transparent; also, new protection features are added automatically, as they become available.
- Full support for Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, to ensure optimum protection.