Renaming the occasional file is a simple enough process, but it can quickly become laborious if there are a large number to work through. If you have copied a number of photos from your digital camera or a series of videos from your digital camcorder, it is likely that they have been automatically named numerically. While this is useful to a certain extent, it can also make things difficult when you want to track down a particular file in future.
Advanced Renamer, as the name would suggest, simplifies the process of renaming a large number of files by making it possible to process them as a batch. Files can be simply dragged and dropped into the program and you can then use 'methods' to choose renaming criteria. For example, you may choose to replace the identification letters automatically added by your camera with the name of the month in which the photographs were taken.
But it is not just renaming that can be achieved with ease. The program can also be used to changed file attributes and adjust timestamps en masse, saving you from having to manually edit a large number of files individually. The program is also useful for renaming folders filled with MP3s.
Built in file previewing comes in particularly handy when working with image files, but whatever type of file you use the program to edit, it is sure to save you a great deal of time and effort.
Version 3.82 changes include (changelog):
* Pair renaming active by default on new installations
* Pair renaming will now prioritize media files when dertmining the master file in a pair
* TV show import didn't handle file pairs well
* Default setting for "Add files when batch ends" changed from None to Ask
* Fixed not visible Apply To box in List and Replace List method when running display in 200% scaling
* Performance optimization when adding files, detecting file pairs, and running batches
* Performance of detecting name collisions improved dramatically
* Fixed bug when using image tags for non images
* Pre batch window now shows the number of methods that will be used
+ Added Bulgarian translation