East-Tec Eraser is a supremely powerful privacy tool which can quickly and securely cover your PC tracks, deleting a whole host of Windows and application histories and so preventing others from spying on your computing activities.
At the core of the program is the Privacy Guard, a straightforward wizard which makes it easy to select the histories you'd like to wipe from a huge list of options. So the Internet Browsers tab doesn't just let you clean your IE and Firefox tracks, for instance; it also supports Chrome, Opera, Safari, AOL, Flock, K-Meleon, Maxthon, Netscape, SeaMonkey and more. There's equally widespread support for cleaning up your email clients (Outlook, Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Eudora, News Rover, more), and the program is even better at deleting your histories for Windows and many applications (more than 150 are supported).
You may still find the program doesn't support an application you've installed, of course - but that doesn't have to be a problem. You're also able to specify particular folders to wipe, so if you know that \Program Files\MyApp\History contains a detailed record of what you've been doing in an application, just point East-Tec Eraser at that location and it'll wipe the contents for you.
Of course working through all this to set up your precise wiping needs can take a while, but don't worry - use the program's scheduler and you only have to do it once. Then East-Tec Eraser will automatically clean up your browsing tracks, delete your Windows activity histories and whatever else you might have specified, without you ever having to worry about the fine details again.
And when we say "clean up" and "delete" here, we're not simply talking about regular file deletions. The program can also securely overwrite files, folders, even entire hard drives, so you can be sure that no-one will be able to undelete and recover any of their contents.
What's new in 2015 (v12.0)?
- new and improved risk-monitor from System Tray
- new clean and shutdown feature
- new feature to notify you when you close your browser that you have to clean your sensitive data
- new feature to notify users about open browsers before erasing process starts
- new feature in Privacy Guard, allowing users to first run a Scan process to analyze the amount of data that is being cleaned and also exclude, if necessary, some of the files and targets that should remain
- Erase Deleted Data now includes support for wiping RecycleBin files
- Media Wiper supports now removable devices up to 128 GB
- full support for exFat
- supporting manual activation
- small scheduler performance and interface improvements