Let's face it, even if you pay and subscribe to commercial streaming sites such as YouTube or Spotify, you're locked into their arrangement. You can download tracks to your devices, but you still need Spotify to play the tracks.
What you need is a third-party tool which is designed to play and extract audio from various sources and Audials One is probably the most comprehensive. At its most basic, it's effectively a music player which can bring together your tracks you've obtained from different locations.
Want to find a radio stream, Audials One will not only list 1000s from around the world, but if you hear something you want to record, you can simply grab the audio, in a format you desire, then save it to your playlist.
Wanting to watch Netflix and interested in the audio stream? One will enable you to extract that, too. As it will from other video sources such as YouTube, which makes it ideal for extracting the audio from a live concert.
What's new in the 2020 edition is support for lossless encoding, with 96KHz/24-bit quality using FLAC, OGG or WAV containers.
Once you've sourced all your audio, what One does superbly is bring everything together in a single UI. Think of One as your iTunes for every audio file.
Superb tool for locating, sourcing, recording and then playing back recorded audio from various sources around the world.
What's new in 2021 (see 'whats new' for more)?
- HIGHSPEED RECORDING. You'll now get all your movies and series from popular streaming services at breakneck speed
- OPTIMAL FRAME RATE UP TO 60FPS. You'll now be able to enjoy enhanced video quality thanks to the feature that makes sure that videos are automatically saved at the optimal frame rate!
- IMPROVED GPU SUPPORT. We've worked on optimizing the use of graphic card-based encoding and this now works automatically.
- AUTOMATIC VIDEO TAGGING.Information related to your recordings such as the name of the movie/series, actors, year of release, genre, director, short description, DVD cover, etc. is now automatically added to all your saved videos.
- YOUR NEW VIDEO LIBRARY. From now on, the movies & series available in your video library will be displayed as clearly arranged tiles.
- SAVING MADE SUPER EASY. Any video on youtube can now just be dragged and dropped into Audials to be downloaded. You can choose the quality level, e.g. to 1080p (Full HD) or even 4K. Thus, your videos will now be downloaded to your hard drive in a much quicker and easier process.
- LIVE VIDEO RECORDINGS. Audials 2021 now supports the recording of live video streams as seen on Twitch, YouTube live, Facebook live, and other services.
- TV IMPROVED. Numerous improvements make the experience of well-known TV channels such as CNN, ABC News, BBC, ITV, and others even more pleasant.
...and much more