FrostWire is a P2P file sharing program for the Gnutella network, and based on the LimeWire source code.
A simple search tool makes it easy to look for particular videos, audio files, images, documents or programs. Or you can just click the Torrents tab and enter any keyword that might appear in your target torrent file name. Search results appear at speed, and you can be downloading files in just a few seconds.
All this comes without the spyware, ads or commercial nag screens that you get in some of the competition. (FrostWire will install the Ask toolbar if you accept all the default installation settings, but clear the appropriate checkboxes and you'll stay Ask-free.)
And this version is more compact, loads faster, delivers improved BitTorrent support and has enhanced spam filters, amongst many other changes.
A fast and capable file sharing application
Version 6.9.8 improvements include (see changelog for more):
- Java Runtime Environment 18.0.1 update
- TorLock search fixed
- Removed torrent-paradise.ml, moved to IPFS, no longer works with JSON api
- Telluride Build 22
- jlibtorrent 22.214.171.124 (boost 1.79, openssl 1.1.1n)
- lt:upgrade to boost 1.79
- lt:openssl 1.1.1n upgrade
- lt:fix bdecode support for large strings (>= 100 MB)
- lt:send User-Agent field in anonymous mode
- lt:fix python binding for settings_pack conversion
- lt:fix DHT announce timer issue
- lt:use DSCP_TRAFFIC_TYPE socket option on windows
- lt:update default ToS setting according to RFC 8622
- lt:keep trying to announce to trackers even when all fail
- lt:don't disable announcing from local endpoints because of temporary failures
- lt:fix issue in parsing UPnP XML response with multiple forwarding services