FrostWire is a P2P file sharing program for the Gnutella network, and based on the LimeWire source code.
A simple search tool makes it easy to look for particular videos, audio files, images, documents or programs. Or you can just click the Torrents tab and enter any keyword that might appear in your target torrent file name. Search results appear at speed, and you can be downloading files in just a few seconds.
All this comes without the spyware, ads or commercial nag screens that you get in some of the competition. (FrostWire will install the Ask toolbar if you accept all the default installation settings, but clear the appropriate checkboxes and you'll stay Ask-free.)
And this version is more compact, loads faster, delivers improved BitTorrent support and has enhanced spam filters, amongst many other changes.
A fast and capable file sharing application
Version 6.9.7 improvements include (see changelog for more):
- New mplayer 12.0.5/ffmpeg 4.2.1 build.
- macOS arm64 and x86_64 fwplayer builds
- Telluride Cloud Video Downloader build 20
- jlibtorrent 220.127.116.11 (boost 1.78, openssl 1.1.1m)
- lt:don't disable announcing from local endpoints because of temporary failures
- lt:fix issue in parsing UPnP XML response with multiple forwarding services
- lt:cache DNS lookups for SOCKS5 proxy
- lt:fix stalled pieces on disk-full errors
- lt:fix build configuration issue on NetBSD, OpenBSD and DragonFly
- lt:make UTF-8 sanitization a bit stricter. This will re-write invalid UTF-8 code points encoding surrogate pairs
- lt:fix restoring last_seen_complete from resume data
- lt:fix issue on MacOS where the DHT was not restarted on a network-up notification
- lt:make remove_torrent flags be treated as flags (instead of an enum)