Bandizip is a fast and easy-to-use archiving tool with plenty of features.
There's good support for a wide range of file formats, for instance: the essentials (ZIP, RAR, TAR), the old standards (ARJ, LZH), and important file types which aren't always covered by the competition (7Z, APK, WIM, ISO, IMG, more).
The program is smart at compression. It understands which files can't be reduced in size very much - videos, say, or other archive files - and won't try to compress them (by default at least), so improving performance.
Full Unicode support means files with non-English characters in their names will be compressed and extracted properly.
And Bandizip comes with a raft of options to make sure you get the archives you need. So it can split archives across multiple files; cut them down to size with a choice of compression level; password-protect your archives for greater security; and create self-extracting files which can be restored even if you don't have an archiving package installed.
Note that this is the portable version of Bandizip.
Bandizip is a nicely-designed archiving tool with good file format support and plenty of useful features
Version 7.14 (see changelog for more info):
- Fixed a bug that occurs when decompressing an archive whose name ends with a blank space
- Improved the handling of a program crash
- Added a feature storing symbolic links in a TAR archive
- Fixed the web browser control to make it run at a low integrity level
- Added a feature decompressing ZIPX archives compressed with ZSTD algorithm
- Improved the processing speed when decompressing a UDF archive
- Fixed a bug that the program crashes when opening an archive under certain conditions
- Fixed a bug that the program cannot decompress a ZIP archive whose local file header does not include the filename
- Added a feature storing an archive comment in the advanced ZIP compression settings
- Added a feature turning on and off filename encryption in the advanced 7Z compression settings
- Improved the preview of thumbnail images
- Added a feature storing hard links in a TAR archive
- Fixed a bug related to -ex: switch
- Added a feature applying ICC profiles to the internal image viewer
- Fixed a DLL hijacking vulnerability (CNVD-C-2021-22156)
- Added a feature processing junctions in a RAR5 archive
- Improved the error message displayed with AMSI initialization failure
- Fixed a bug that some TAR files cannot be processed
- Fixed a bug that files without extensions cannot be processed on CLI
- Other modifications