Bandizip is a fast and easy-to-use archiving tool with plenty of features.
There's good support for a wide range of file formats, for instance: the essentials (ZIP, RAR, TAR), the old standards (ARJ, LZH), and important file types which aren't always covered by the competition (7Z, APK, WIM, ISO, IMG, more).
The program is smart at compression. It understands which files can't be reduced in size very much - videos, say, or other archive files - and won't try to compress them (by default at least), so improving performance.
Full Unicode support means files with non-English characters in their names will be compressed and extracted properly.
And Bandizip comes with a raft of options to make sure you get the archives you need. So it can split archives across multiple files; cut them down to size with a choice of compression level; password-protect your archives for greater security; and create self-extracting files which can be restored even if you don't have an archiving package installed.
Note that this is the portable version of Bandizip.
Bandizip is a nicely-designed archiving tool with good file format support and plenty of useful features
Version 7.23 (see changelog for more info):
- Improved the program to decompress an archive containing symbolic links without showing a dialog box asking for administrative previleges when the developer mode is turned on in Windows 10
- Fixed a bug that occurs with the feature "Delete the archive after extraction" under certain conditions
- Fixed a bug that the context menu of the program duplicates itself when using a third-party manager (e.g. Total Commander) in Windows 11
- Fixed a bug that the progress bar does not reach 100% when the program decompresses a TAR archive containing a hard-linked files
- Fixed a bug that the program crashes sometimes when parallel extraction is canceled in the midst
- Fixed some issues that occur with the performance and UI of the program during parallel extraction
- Improved the compatibility of the internal image viewer with HiDPI
- Improved the comaptibility of the Password Recovery with HiDPI
- Fixed some security issues (KVE-2021-0517, KVE-2021-1018, KVE-2021-1019)
- Fixed a bug that the program cannot decompress some TAR archives
- Added a feature creating a new ZPAQ archive
- Fixed some bugs that occur with File Explorer in Windows 11
- Fixed a bug that the program cannot open some EGG archives
- Other modifications