Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 is a powerful suite of malware-hunting, anti-hacker, web safety tools.
There's antivirus. Browsing protection. A firewall. Exploit protection. A vulnerability scanner, parental controls, webcam and audio protection, online transaction protection, and more.
These features have real value, too. Independent testing labs such as AV-Comparatives typically rate Kaspersky as offering some of the best protection around.
There's the Software Updater, which checks for updates to common applications (Adobe Reader, Flash, Java, Chrome, Firefox, more), and can optionally install them without you having to see or do anything at all.
A "Secure Connection" feature is essentially a privacy-oriented VPN (virtual private network), automatically kicking in to protect you when using wifi hotspots, web banking sites and more.
An Installation Assistance tool looks out for adware and other pests that get silently installed with some "free" software, and the Software Cleaner helps you decide what to remove.
What's new in 2019 (see what's new for more)?
- The Tools window application features are now categorized to help you find specific features
- The PC Cleaner enables you to complain about an application that misbehaves and search for and remove browser extensions.
- The Application Manager component has been improved so it's now possible to exclude applications from analysis based on object category and the list of ignored applications has been moved to a separate window
- The Software Updater makes it possible to run a scheduled search for application updates and the list of ignored applications has been moved to a separate window.
- Safe Money makes it possible to open a specific site in Protected Browser by clicking the application icon in the notification area and on the taskbar
- Feedback forms that let you rate the component performance and report to Technical Support have been improved
- A notification about whether your computer supports hardware virtualization has been added. The status of hardware virtualization is also displayed in the component settings window.
- New Anti-Banner filters have been added. They let you specify which banners in particular should be blocked.
- Display of notifications has been improved. Notifications that are not critical for application performance are not displayed while you are using office applications, running an application in full-screen mode, watching a video or performing a video call.